Open Studio Paint Party
Open studio sessions are designed for the participants to learn appreciation for the therapeutic process of art by allowing them to express their thoughts & feelings, in a safe environment. We will process the thoughts & feelings that emerge, by sharing them verbally and/or in writing.
Open studio sessions are two hours in length and designed to foster camaraderie and are great for birthday parties, anniversaries, or team building.
Expressive Art Solutions participates in several community events and proudly supports local artists throughout the year:
All Access Foundation
Baptist Community Ministries Chaplaincy Services
Beacon Light Church Health Fair
Criminal vs. Gentleman
Delta Sigma Theta New Orleans Alumni Chapter
Geaux Blue NOLA
Helen Cox College & Career Fair
J9 (Janine Jackson)
Deputy David Michel Jefferson Parish Sheriffs Office
National Crime Victims Rights Week
New Home Baptist Church Health Fair
New Home Baptist Church Night Out Against Crime
New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW)
New Orleans Recreation Department Youth Fitness Fest
Officer Marcus McNeil New Orleans Police Department
Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office Employee Health Fair
The City Of Love Church
The City Of Love (TCOL) Tornado Relief
Tulane Memorial Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt
Women Mean Business Expo
White Linen Night
Family / Group Sessions
Family counseling includes sessions with a LMHP or MHP and members of the family unit, where they family system & its function will be explored, along with the strengths & goals of the family, in order to help the family develop into a stronger healthier unit with the use of various artistic materials.
Individual and/or group 12 week program with a licensed social worker; The session includes weekly 90 minute sessions on Tuesday or Thursdays, a workbook, pen and a certificate of completion.
STORIES FEATURING EAS:
Individual counseling includes one-on-one sessions with a LMHP or MHP who will help the participant to explore their thoughts, feelings, behaviors, relationships, problems, strengths and goals. Sessions are tailored for children, youth, adults or elders. The therapeutic artwork maybe taken home upon completion.
ALL SERVICES AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Latina Jolivett, LMSW
Founder, Expressive Art Solutions
New Orleanians have long embraced the arts as a way to celebrate and communicate. Now, this creative impulse can be used in a new way. Thanks to the efforts of founder Latina Jolivett, LMSW, Expressive Art Solutions offers visitors a way to use the arts as a means of achieving positive mental health and wellness.
This lovely idea was, unfortunately, born from tragic circumstances. Following the murder of a family member, Jolivett found solace in the healing power of artistic expression. In her case, painting helped Jolivett cope with her grief.
A licensed master social worker, Jolivett was also interested in owning her own business. By combining her talents for both healing and creativity, she came upon the idea of Expressive Art Solutions. Getting accepted into the LaunchNOLA program gave her the necessary tools for every aspect of business operations. Thanks to credentialing, Expressive Art Solutions provides mental health services for crisis intervention, community psychiatric support and psychosocial rehabilitation.
The Expressive Art Solutions Counseling Center encourages its visitors to use the arts as a means of expressing emotions and facilitating healing. Painting, crafts and meditation can offer visitors a unique means for addressing and expressing feelings. Overall, this studio acts as a nontraditional approach to the typical counseling center.
“Walking into the studio, you feel a sense of safety and comfort because we appeal to the senses of sight, smell and hearing,” says Jolivett.
Individual counseling sessions pair the participant with a licensed mental health practitioner or mental health professional. A work of art is then created through the process of exploring thoughts, feelings and problems. Family, group and open studio sessions are also available. In addition to the mental health aspects of the business, the studio also offers painting parties for individuals and large groups alike.
At this time, Expressive Art Solutions is in need of volunteers and interns. Donations are always appreciated. In addition, interested persons are always welcome to contact the studio and learn more about its many services.
Expressive Art Solutions: Healing Minds & Heart Through Art, 2309 Manhattan Blvd., Suite 5, Harvey, 376-6146
EAS TERMS & CONDITIONS
EAS RETURN POLICY for PAINT SESSIONS:
NO REFUNDS. A store credit will be given for individuals cancelling with at least 24 hours notice. “No shows” with no notification will not be issued store credit. Parties of 5 or more must cancel 72 hours before the date of the class. (Please leave a voice message if calling after hours (504) 376-6146 ) Please be on time for this event, GUESTS ARRIVING LATE MAY BE REFUSED AND NO REFUNDS GIVEN.
EAS PRIVATE PARTY TERMS:
• The $100 deposit will be applied to your party balance if all conditions are met.
• The remainder of your party balance is due two days prior to the event, along with an accurate guest count.
• If you cancel your event within 7 days of the party you will forfeit your deposit.
• If you cancel prior to 7 days you will receive store credit for deposit paid, a refund will not be issued for cancellation.
• Private parties can be booked for any day and time of the week contingent upon staff and space availability.
• You must have a minimum of 2 people to book a private party. For EAS mobile, the minimum of 5 people are required. If the minimum is not met, the difference between the minimum and the number of guest attending must be paid before the party can take place.
• You can choose your own 2 hour painting. The painting can be selected from our calendar or you can schedule a time to come into the store and view all of our paintings in the library.
• The cost for a 2 hour private party is $35.00 per person (Kids 5-16 $25) and a 3 hour party is $45.00 per person.
• The host of any private party will need to hold the reservation with a credit card number and a $100.00 deposit, that is non-refundable due to cancellations or date and time changes.
• The instructor, paint, canvas, easels, brushes, and aprons are provided by Expressive Art Solutions, LLC.
• We will begin painting at the time scheduled, have your guests arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the party start time.
• A party exceeding the end time is subject to a service charge of $75.00 and an additional $75.00 for each additional hour over party end time. Party extensions are based on availability of space and management discretion.